Italy is one of the most beautiful countries in the world. But what makes it so unique? We give you 5 really compelling reasons why you should pack right now and dive in a wonderful experience made of art, beauty and delicious food.
1. It’s an open-air museum. You don’t need to step a single foot into a museum to admire some of Italy’s best monuments: you can just look up. Churches, Greek temples, wonderful works of architecture – modern and ancient – are out there to be admired in all their magnificence.
2. The weather is very good, 365 days a year. Due to its position in the heart of the Mediterranean sea and its geographic conformation, Italy can give you the best experience all year around. Winters aren’t too rigid (but you can still find some amazing ski resorts), and even though the summers are really hot, don’t worry: with its 7.450 kilometers of coasts, you won’t have any problems in finding a beach where to relax.
3. Italy is the country with the largest number of Unesco World Heritage Sites. So, art-lovers, brace yourselves for an experience you will never forget.
4. The food is exquisite. The Mediterranean diet, famous all over the world, is not only one of the healthiest, but also one of the most delicious in the world. Not to mention, you will have the opportunity to eat an original “pizza napoletana”.
5. People are awesome. Ok, I might be a bit biased, but Italians are well-known for their hospitality; some of the best memories of your trip to Italy might come from the connections with locals!
Blogger Bio: Born and raised in Italy. Undergraduate student at the University of Bologna (Degree in Political Sciences and International Relations). Staff writer for BasketUniverso.it and TheBottomUp.it. Voracious reader, art lover, traveler. Amateur photographer.